We wanted to let all members know that the Museums Association are looking for applications to both the Main and the Special project fund of the Effective Collections programme. If you are interested in applying you will need to act quickly – as the next deadline for applications to the Effective Collections Main and Special Project Funds is Friday 5 March 2010.
Main fund (for up to ten projects)
Funding of up to £10,000 per project for museums to review their collections and make better use of them as a result. Funding for:
- module a: collections review to identify underused objects
- module b: developing a workplan to make better use of objects, eg on loan and via transfer or alternative
- module c: implementing the workplan.
Special Project Fund (for two or three projects)
Funding of up to £25,000 per project to museums and partners for innovative, exemplar projects that include loans and transfers. The criteria for these grants are based on:
- public outcomes
- impact on the museum, the sector and beyond
- innovation and ambition
- legacy and sustainability.
For further information and application details see the Museums Association website.